Intertia is a powerful force. When I learned about it in high school physics, I never suspected I would be using the term over and over again to describe how I live my life on a daily basis. For those of you who don't remember high school physics, inertia is a property of matter by which it continues in its original state of motion until disrupted by an outside force. That's me, in a nutshell. If I'm sitting on the couch, reading a book, generally I won't get up until the book is done or it's bedtime. It doesn't matter that it's beautiful outside or it's raining just enough to make for a perfect run, I'm a body at rest and I'm going to stay at rest. Once I'm outside, moving around, I'm usually pretty good and pretty happy, and will usually stay outside until I get too cold, too hot or too bug-bitten, but overcoming that initial impulse to stay nestled into my comfy couch is tough. Anyone else fight with inertia regularly?
No comments:
Post a Comment